How to get the best results from Figure Services
- Provide editable files for tables, graphs, or diagrams. These files include .xlsx, .pdf, and .doc files containing your original data. You may need to export from your analysis software rather than saving as an image. Please see the video at right for an explanation of editable files.
- Provide the highest-resolution images available. Original image files may include .tif, .jpg, or .png formats. These files should never be embedded in Word or PowerPoint documents, as that will reduce their quality.
- Specify the journal to which you intend to submit. Our experts will use that journal’s specific guidelines to format your figures to their exact requirements.
- Plan your figures to fit onto one physical page of a print journal. If you include too many elements in a single figure, your order may be delayed while we ask you to decide how to divide it into two or more figures, and additional costs may accrue.
- Make sure to allow enough time for formatting. Figure Formatting takes 4 business days for 1-4 figures/tables, and the turnaround time increases with additional figures/tables.
- Please upload only the figures/tables you intend us to format. For example, if you include 10 figures and 2 tables but order formatting for 3 items, your order may be delayed while we clarify which items you wish to have formatted. Alternatively, please leave us a note letting us know which figures and/or tables to format.
Want to learn more about editable file formats? Please watch this video.